Sunday, January 2, 2011

More wants

Sometimes you make a blog and end up using it as a shopping list! I find that writing down things that I need to remember frees my mind up for other things. I remember reading the Sherlock Holmes series in high school, laughing when Sherlock reveals that he didn't know that the Earth revolved around the sun. He replied to Watson that the information wasn't useful in his day-to-day life, and that he would promptly forget the fact to leave room for pertinent information. I can relate!

Here are some more items for my growing wish list:
Magnet wands
Safety goggles-silly as this item seems, it really motivates children to learn science. They LOVE putting on goggles and feel like real scientists when they don the safety glasses.

Steve Spangler's website includes a host of supplies, and ideas, for science activities. Many of the activities could be performed without buying specialized equipment. In Colorado, Steve's a regular guest on KUSA in Denver, and many of his video clips were originally shown on their news programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment